We are happy to announce Spectra | Salons are back! Join us for the upcoming series of evenings:
Spectra | Salons are in-disciplinary art evenings across performance and visual art that explore the questions of spectatorship, imagination and spectacle and how they are intertwined, embodied and felt in the era of globalism and digitalisation. Hosted by Andrea Božić and Julia Willms in the TILT studio and the Salon of Marci Panis, Amsterdam from September to December, the Spectra | Salons 2023 feature a series of in-progress sharing sessions, experiments and conversations which follow our and our guests current artistic research processes and questions.
Spectra | Salon: Erotic Fan Fiction, Dreams and Premonitions Agency
An evening of the first try-out versions of The Premonitions Agency Dream Collecting Session (test version) by Andrea Božić and Julia Willms and Harry Potter and the Delicious Brunch (in-progress) by Billy Mullaney plus conversations and drinks.
Saturday, 16 September 2023 at 19.00 – 23.00 hrs
TILT | Studio, Marci Panis, Marcusstraat 52 | 1D, Amsterdam
The Premonitions Agency Dream Collecting Station (test version) presented by Andrea Božić and Julia Willms in collaboration with the Premonitions Agency
Have you ever wondered about the untapped potential of your dreams?
Welcome to the very first test version of The Premonitions Agency Dream Collecting Station. This experimental government agency initiative aims to collect citizens’ dreams and analyze them to predict possible future scenarios. We are excited to collaborate with the Premonitions Agency as part of the research for our new performance, “Within Cells Interlinked.”
How it works:
Your dreams are a treasure trove of untapped creativity, and we are here to uncover their mysteries.
1. Volunteer Participation: Participation is entirely voluntary.
2. Public or (Semi) Private Sessions: You can decide whether you want your dream collection session to be public or (semi)private.
3. Specially Designed Questions and Instructions: You will be guided through a set of specially designed questions and instructions to help recall, embody and describe your dream in as much detail as possible. This process aids in the accurate recording and interpretation of dreams.
4. Session Recording and Drawings: Each dream collection session will be meticulously recorded and drawings will be made preserving the essence of your nocturnal adventures.
5. Data Storage and Analysis: The dreams and drawings collected will be stored securely within the Premonitions Agency’s archive. Our team of experts will analyze your dreams to identify patterns, recurring themes, and possible future scenarios.
The Premonitions Agency Dream Collecting Station seeks to explore the potential of dreams in predicting future scenarios. Your participation is crucial to our research and we assure you that your data will be handled with the utmost care and confidentiality. Thank you for being part of this groundbreaking experiment.
Harry Potter and the Delicious Brunch (in-progress) by Billy Mullaney
Billy has recently been researching erotic Harry Potter fan fiction as the absolute lowest contemporary literary form.
He is curious about the communities that have sprung up around generating and sharing such texts, the mode of address with which they are written, and what might be “read” beyond the stories themselves. He is particularly interested in the use of fan fiction as personal fantasy fulfillment (using the protagonist as a stand-in for themselves and often having nothing to do with the source material), and how these stories can become indeed more legible as portraits of the author. Harry Potter and the Delicious Brunch is a short in-progress sketch exploring such a spectacle of self-indulgence, and which *might* develop into a performance in the future(!)
Entrance free. Donations welcome.
How to get there: http://marcipanis.nl/wordpress/contact
Produced by TILT. Spectra | Salons are made possible by the financial contribution of the Gemeente Amsterdam / Stadsdeel Oost. TILT receives structural subsidy from the Amsterdam Fund for the Art for the period 2021-2024. Supported by Marci Panis.
Follow our website and social media for the dates of the other Spectra | Salons this fall: